Sunday 23 August 2015

The story of how my iPhone got stolen.

This happened on the 16th of April 2015.
I was going to college today morning with my iPhone in my pocket.I take DTC Bus No 165 from my home to college.The 9 am bus is usually crowded with no space to breathe.I had my iPhone in pocket and boarded the bus.I was not concious enough to realise that I had two phones with me.
I was minding my own business when somebody asked me
"Hey,Is there something on my face"
I replied "no"
A few seconds later,he said " Bhaiya,there is something on your face"
I checked my face.I felt nothing.
"Let me check it for you"
Then my stop came and I said " I need to go" and boarded off the bus.
He replied with "Ok Bhai,Thank You and nice to meet you"
It was then I realized that my IPhone was missing.
I felt so stupid at that time.The person who was being so nice to me was the one who must have taken it or it must be his friend who was behind me.He must have used this trick to get my attention away from my pocket to steal the phone.The two must have planned this when they saw an opening.

I felt so angry.
I felt that I was the dumbest person in this world.
I felt that i could have done so much more and could have avoided my Iphone being stolen if I was streetsmart enough to notice it.
In a big city like Delhi,Please dont consider any stranger who suspiciously acts too nice to you as your friend.

There is no point in crying over split milk.I tried the number when I got off the bus and it was already switched off.This incident was really mentally disturbing.I couldn't pay attention in class.I request all of you reading this post ,please be careful while using overcrowded public transport.

Please be sure that you know what items you have before boarding any public transport.Items may be wallet,phone ,headphones etc.

If you have a bag,please keep all the phones and wallet that you have inside it and make sure that It is ziplocked.
Before you get off, make sure that you have all your belongings.

Do not keep too much money inside your wallet and take it out showing everybody.This act will attract pickpockets around you.

Never trust any stranger.

If you need to keep the phone in your pocket,make sure your hand is always inside it.

No comments:

Post a Comment